Windows Hello - default

robert1p
robert1p
Community Member

When I open 1password, I always have to click on the smiley button to have it prompt me to swipe my fingerprint. Is there a reason it does not automatically open in that mode?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 21H2

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited February 2022

Hey @robert1p, thanks for your question. I agree that the Windows Hello prompt should definitely appear automatically when opening 1Password. Just to confirm, could you verify whether you have "Show Windows Hello prompt automatically" enabled under Settings > Advanced?

If so, we are aware that there are times where this feature isn't working properly and are working on improving it to be more reliable. Thanks!

Ali

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member

Yes, that setting was enabled. As a test, I disabled/re-enabled, closed settings, locked, login .. but that didn't fix. So I then disabled, closed settings, locked, login, re-enable, closed settings, locked, login .. but that didn't fix either.

• Hi @robert1p, thanks for confirming that setting was enabled. We've made some changes in a recent Nightly release that should make the auto prompt more reliable. If you'd like to give these changes a try, you can switch to the Nightly release channel:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Nightly.

As a quick note: This Nightly release channel is for cutting-edge updates to 1Password; it's where new features and updates first go into effect. That also means it's not as tested as the Beta or Production channels, so you may run into bugs we haven't encountered yet.

Let me know if the Nightly resolves the issue for you, or if you prefer to wait - keep an eye on our releases page for when these changes make it to the Production release. Thanks!

Ali

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member

Ali, The Nightly release appears to work. However, I did notice a couple anomalies.

1) If I recall correctly, if I closed 1password and then hit Ctrl-Shift-L it would lock 1password. In this Nightly channel this no longer works. Instead, I must first hit Ctrl-Shift-L then close 1password. (I tried to verify the prior behavior by reverting to the Production channel, but it would not downgrade.)

2) When I open 1password the Scan dialog pops up on top of 1password (as desired). However, if choose not to login and instead close 1password, it does not automatically dismiss the Scan dialog; i.e. I must manually dismiss both dialogs.

v8.6.0; 80600057, on NIGHTLY channel

• Hi @robert1p:

Thanks for following up! As it currently stands, the Lock 1Password shortcut isn't a global shortcut, and as such will only work when 1Password is open and in focus.

I was able to replicate the behavior you mentioned with the Windows Hello dialog not closing if you close 1Password, and I've filed an issue so we can hopefully get it smoothed out in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13306

This discussion has been closed.