Upgraded to family account and wish to share an entire vault with a family member

sullibri
sullibri
Community Member

I've updated to a family account, sent my spouse information via e-mail, confirmed, etc. She sees none of our passwords. I assume this is because I'm not sharing a vault (but only b/c I aimlessly wandered around in setting to figure out this exists). I'd like to share all password information within my vault with them.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022

Hello @sullibri! 👋

You can certainly share passwords with your wife, in fact it's one of the biggest features of 1Password Families! There are two types of vaults in a 1Password Families membership:

• Private/Personal vaults: each family member has their own Private/Personal vault and this is where they can store items that are for their eyes only. You can't share your Private/Personal vault with another family member.
    • Shared vaults: items in a shared vault will be seen by any family member who has access to that vault.

If you'd like to share passwords with your wife then you'll need to first move/copy them to a shared vault that you both have access to. Each 1Password Families membership comes with a built-in Shared vault that all family members in the membership automatically have access to. We have a guide on how to share passwords with your family members here: Share passwords with your family

Let me know if that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.