How do I share an entire vault on the family plan

StormyCrow
StormyCrow
Community Member

I have an existing account that is personal and a very large vault. I just joined the family plan and wish to make the entire vault shared on this plan. How do I do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I share an entire vault on the family plan

Comments

• Hello @StormyCrow! πŸ‘‹

Did you upgrade your existing 1Password account to 1Password Families? Or did you create an entirely new 1Password Families membership? If you did the latter then you can add your new family account to the same 1Password app where you're already using your existing account and then you can move/copy your items from the existing account into the family account's built-in Shared vault:

Move and copy items

This will make those items available to all family members who are part of your 1Password Families membership. You can read more about sharing vaults here: Share passwords with your family

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• StormyCrow
    StormyCrow
    Community Member

I was wondering if I could just share the entire vault rather than do it one by one since there are over 500 passwords in the vault.

• Hi @StormyCrow:

Vaults cannot be moved directly from account to account. If the items in your current vault are okay with being shared to all family members who are part of your 1Password Families membership, using the steps my colleague Dave provided above would be your best bet. You can select all items visible in a vault (Ctrl+A on Windows or Linux, or ⌘+A on Mac), and drag them to the new vault in one step, rather than needing to repeat for each item.

Let me know how you get on with that, or if you run into any trouble along the way.

Jack

• StormyCrow
    StormyCrow
    Community Member

Hi Jack, thanks so much! That's the information I was looking for. Perhaps you should include this information in a FAQ or something related to the family plan! I'm sure that other people might want to share all of the passwords as well.

• Hey @StormyCrow:

I apologize for the confusion here! I've brought this up with our documentation team to see if we can improve the experience in the future. πŸ˜€

Jack

This discussion has been closed.