Select vaults for Safari autofill

Options
langjo
langjo
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

Hi,
I seem to be too dumb to find the functionality, but I used to be able to select which vaults should be offered for autofill in Safari.
My account has a few vaults that have shared items, which are usually not relevant for my day to day usage, so I don't want items from these vaults to be parts of the suggestions in my browser.

Since the extension is it's own app now, I seem to be unable to find a setting like this, is that correct?
Thanks
Jonathan

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 1Password for Mac 8.6.0
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @langjo

To access the 1Password for Safari extension settings please click on the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar, unlock 1Password, and then click the vault switcher in the upper right corner of the extension:

From there, select settings in the dropdown menu. At the bottom of the resulting setting screen you can toggle vaults & accounts on or off. I hope that helps!

Ben

• langjo
    langjo
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thanks, did not find that screen... good to know!

• On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome @langjo!

Jack

• langjo
    langjo
    Community Member
    Options

How can I accomplish the same thing on iOS? The settings screen I am directed to inside the main app is very bare bones.

• Hey @langjo:

This option isn't available yet in 1Password for Safari on iOS. With that said though, I've shared your thoughts internally. Thanks for letting us know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10017

• @langjo

Thank you for the feedback that you previously provided letting us know that you'd like to be able to choose which vaults are used by 1Password for Safari on iOS for suggestions. I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in 1Password for iOS! 🎉

If you haven't already, please make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS: How to keep 1Password up to date

Then follow these steps to choose which vaults you see in 1Password for Safari on iOS:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the aA icon in the address bar, then tap 1Password
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap on the icon with three lines inside of a circle, then tap Settings.
    2. Scroll down to, or tap, Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off any vaults whose items you don't wish to see suggested in Safari.

Thank you again for your continued feedback and support, it helps us improve and make 1Password even more useful for you and the community as a whole. 😊

-Dave