Search for "untagged" items.

Options
majortom
majortom
Community Member

Hey,

1Password v8 for Windows works great. There is only ony thing I miss: Search for untagged items.

In v7 it was possible to search for "tag:" to get all items without a tag as result.

Please implement a similar function into v8 or implement e.g. the standard tag "untagged" for all untagged items.

Thank you
Thomas

1Password Version: 8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @majortom, thanks for the great feedback. This is one of those great features that's not difficult from a technical point of view but I'll need to reach out to our designers to see how best to integrate it into the overall 1Password 8 experience. As you said, there are several possibilities.

There's lots more to come from 1Password 8! Keep an eye on it and let us know if you find something you love or something you miss.

• patrick_ny
    patrick_ny
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update on this?

• Hi @patrick_ny, I'm not 100% sure if this has hit the beta yet, but if you happen to be on the nightly build you should be able to search for =untagged and you should see all your untagged items.

Let me know how that works for you.

• patrick_ny
    patrick_ny
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that works! However, When I go to add a 'Tag', I can click in the box, and a dropdown of my tags appears. I can't click a tag though! I can start typing in, and the list filters, but I cant select one of the existing tags without manually typing in the full name of the tag. I hope that comes soon!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @patrick_ny. We have a bug filed for that. Hopefully the team will be able to address it soon. 🙏🏻

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11571

• Hey @majortom, just want to let you know that the ability to search for untagged items has made it into our latest update: 1Password for Windows 8.5. I hope this is helpful for you, and thank you again for the request!

https://releases.1password.com/windows/8.5/

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @PeterG_1P
    thank you for the information. The function is great and exactly what I need to better organize my items.

• On behalf of Peter and the entire team, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.