How does a family member access the vaults?

Options
SylviaPierce
SylviaPierce
Community Member

My husband's set as a member of my family but he is tech-challenged so I will have to hold his hand getting into this. I can find lots about how I share vaults but nothing about what HE has to do to get the information from them. Any step-by-step lurking somewhere online?

1Password Version: 7 and 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac, IOS and Android
Referrer: forum-search:how family member starts

Comments

• Hi @SylviaPierce:

Glad to hear you're getting your husband set up with 1Password as well! 😀

Once he's set up his 1Password account and can sign in successfully, he should be able to see his Private vault, as well as the default Shared vault and any other vaults you may have manually shared with him in the sidebar: Use the sidebar in 1Password

Let me know how you (and him) get along with that, or if either of you run into any trouble along the way.

Jack

• SylviaPierce
    SylviaPierce
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that although he might have confirmed his membership neither of us have any idea how to "set up his 1Password account" let alone sign in. Where are the instructions for how he should start?

• @SylviaPierce

It may be best to write to us using support@1password.com and we can try to assist you in a more one-on-one setting. We look forward to working with you. Please include a link to this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.