iOS password generator

Options
heppenl
heppenl
Community Member

Hi guys. I’m just moving away from Kaspersky password manager to 1Password. Pretty much set up now but there’s one feature on Kaspersky that I find useful that I can find if it is there on 1Password on iOS.

On Kaspersky you can click and quickly generate a password that can be copied and pasted anywhere without having to create an account.

Is that possible with the 1Password app? If not what’s the easiest way to try and replicate this process?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @heppenl !

Is that possible with the 1Password app?

I'm not able to find a quick way to generate a password. It seems like there is no other way as to create a new entry, maybe a password entry, generate a password there and copy it.
    It would be great to just have an option to generate a password without having to create an entry. 👌

• Hello @heppenl! 👋

You can generate a secure password when you create a new Login or Password item using the 1Password app:

1. Open and unlock 1Password
    2. Tap on Categories
    3. Tap on + and then tap on Password
    4. Generate a secure password, give the item a name, and tap Done

You can then copy and paste the generated password into another app.

On Kaspersky you can click and quickly generate a password that can be copied and pasted anywhere without having to create an account.

By "create an account" do you mean creating a new item? I'd be happy to forward your feedback to our developers but can you tell me why you'd like to generate a secure password without also saving it in 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.