I was running 7.9.3 BETA-1 and got an error banner indicating that the BETA release was expired...

erik43
erik43
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

... and indicating I should download a new version. I followed on to do a download from a website showing details of BETA releases. This was not the usual software update process, so I'm just a little concerned that it is legitimate. Is 7.9.3. BETA-2 active? I am also now having problems with my Safari extension, which is not updating and shows that it is release 7.9.3. BETA-1?

1Password Version: 7.9.3 BETA-2
Extension Version: 7.9.3 BETA-1
OS Version: 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:7.9.3. BETA-2

Comments

• This is correct, we encountered an issue with the Apple developer portal when we generated new Developer ID certs at the end of february that resulted in a prolonged period of time that we were unable to ship betas. 7.9.3.BETA-2 is the correct latest version (released this past friday). Quitting and relaunching Safari should rectify the listed version number for the extension.

• erik43
    erik43
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy... I had restarted my Mac after updating to 7.9.3 BETA-2 and that didn't seem to rectify the issue with the Safari extension, but on returning to my Mac today, seeing your note and then restarting Safari, it is indeed resolved. As is my peace of mind returned by realising I hadn't foolishly updated. I was just worried I'd allowed myself to be scammed. Thanks for the reassurance.

• On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome. I'm glad he could he reassure you.

This discussion has been closed.