Add new acct on preferences and delete old acct

Options
caseys22
caseys22
Community Member

Nearly 5 years ago I had to set up a 1Password acct for my boss on my macbook air. I have long since stopped working for that company and the 1Password acct was transferred over to her work and other employees. Today I decided to open up my own acct for my family. I used the links for a new account, I used a new/different email from the email that was used for the old account, etc. But somehow after I set up the new account and opened up the app on my computer my old work email and acct info appeared. There are instructions about this to go to 'account preferences' which I have done however I am not able to 'add' or 'delete' any account info under the account tab (it's grayed out). When I log onto the account on the browser it seems to work fine with all my details. The phone app logs in okay as well. But the mac app on my computer will not open with my Master Login info.
How do I remove this old account from my computer data on the 1Password app? How can I then add my new account info to my computer app? thx

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.4 Big Sur

Comments

• caseys22
    caseys22
    Community Member
    Options

This has been resolved by the support team. here was the solution for those of you who encounter the same issue. You have to reset your entire account on the computer.
    Here's how to reset:

Open 1Password on Mac but do NOT enter your account password to unlock it.
    Click Help (at very top of screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.
    Click Delete Data and Start Over. At this point 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.
    Open 1Password again on your Mac, and sign into your new account.

• Hello @caseys22! 👋

I'm happy to hear that my colleagues were able to help you resolve the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.