Support for Orion Browser

Comments

• I'll mention this to the team. Thanks for letting us know this matters to you.

• AndroidKitKat
    AndroidKitKat
    Community Member

Chiming in on support for Orion! Thanks for the wonderful product!

• Thanks for letting us know @AndroidKitKat! I've added your feedback as well. :smile:

• guisim
    guisim
    Community Member

Orion support would be great. I'm really liking it.
    I think that if the honey moon phase persists, I'll prefer dropping 1password than dropping Orion.

• runtjme323
    runtjme323
    Community Member

I have a 1Password.eu family account and I can't even get the Chrome extension in Orion to login. I login on the webpage and it just stays locked, keeps redirecting me to 1Password.com

I'm on the latest 1P beta, macOS 12.2, M1 Pro. I have tried the 1P X, 1P stable, and 1P beta Chrome extensions.

• SleepyOwl
    SleepyOwl
    Community Member

I'd like to throw my support behind proper integration with Orion as well. This is a fantastic product and there's no reason that shouldn't; be integrated.

• fns
    fns
    Community Member

Throwing in my support as well to have 1Password function correctly in Orion. I've been using 1Password for about 7 years now in personal and corporate settings. Currently I use 1Password in the company I work for (~500 employees, 1Password for business), and then in personal/family plans.

I installed the Chrome version of 1 Password Beta, which is the one I use in all my other browsers without issues. There are two main problems with it in Orion:

First, clicking on the 1Password icon to open the extension is slow and renders the loading spinner for several seconds before it loads the content.

Second, when focusing on a username/password input field, 1Password shows the item, but clicking on it or selecting it with the keyboard doesn't do anything. Clicking on Autofill from inside the extension doesn't do anything either.

• ilijusin
    ilijusin
    Community Member

Hey team. Another long-time 1Password aficionado here. Please consider adding support for Orion browser 🙏

• vitobotta
    vitobotta
    Community Member

no update yet? I like Orion so much that I may have to switch to Bitwarden if 1Password doesn't work with it soon :(

• Hey @vitobotta / @ilijusin / @fns / @SleepyOwl / @guisim:

I've added all of your input to the tracking issue for adding Orion support. We don't have anything to share just yet, but I completely understand that it's definitely something that you all want.

Jack

• matchai
    matchai
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Heya. Another long-time 1Password user looking to use Orion as their daily driver.
    If 1Password doesn't add Orion support soon, I'll probably ditch it for Bitwarden.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @matchai, I've added your feedback to the tracking issue. We appreciate you reaching out about this. Let us know if you have any questions!

• ktnjared
    ktnjared
    Community Member

Hi 1Password! Tossing in a +1/thumbsup/whathaveyou for support of Orion. Echoing @fns experience for the 2 issues to highlight with the browser extension (be it the Fx or Chrome GA releases or the Chrome beta) noted so far.

That said, for the time being, Quick Access from the desktop client gets me through a day on days I'm daily driving Orion when needed (superb feature!), but would love to see extension support in the future. ;)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ktnjared, I've added your input to the request. Thanks for chiming in!

• jgert88
    jgert88
    Community Member

Hi, another long time 1Password user here, I'd also like to toss in my vote for Orion browser support!!

• reshoot
    reshoot
    Community Member

Another +1 for Orion support. Would be good to support the small folks as well.

• aayla86
    aayla86
    Community Member

Have been using 1Password for years and plan to stick with it. Safari on macOS has become more or less unusable for me over the past months since it appears that devs only test the functionality of their web page in chromium-based browsers anymore. +1 for support for the Orion Browser.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@jgert88 @reshoot @aayla86 Thanks all for your input, I'll add your requests here to our internal ticket. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• csuki
    csuki
    Community Member

Also adding a +1. Would love to see this happen

• njyo
    njyo
    Community Member

Also adding a +1 as I'd love to have full 1Password support. Thanks.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member

I chime in too with support for Orion. The developer said ( I cannot check this cause no dev) that on his end everything is set to be able to get this working without too much hassle. Thanks!

• EsKAY
    EsKAY
    Community Member

1Password subscriber for a long time here. And the only thing stopping me from using Orion regularly is it's lack of 1Password support. Please add support to 1Password for Orion Browser.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022

@csuki @njyo @janpeeters @EsKAY

I have passed on your desire to see support for Orion added.

ref: IDEA-I-482

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member

Thanks a lot @ag_tommy

• natevancouver
    natevancouver
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

I believe Orion just added a bunch of users to its beta, so that explains the volume of +1’s. Adding mine!

Orion is a niche product, but it appeals to technical-minded Mac users -- 1Password’s original customer base. I think you’ll get a lot of requests to support it. Thanks for listening!

• pdubla
    pdubla
    Community Member

+1 for Orion support. Thanks!

• klickreflex
    klickreflex
    Community Member

+1 vote to whitelist Orion browser.

• sleepyfran
    sleepyfran
    Community Member

+1 for Orion support :)