1Password 4 with older MacOS?

Options
1Pfanatic
1Pfanatic
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I occasionally use an older Mac running Mtn. Lion (OSX 10.8.5) due to a few programs that require it. 1Password 4.4.3 opens, but does not sync to iCloud. I searched here, but cannot seem to find any posts about whether it can still be used. Any info welcomed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @1Pfanatic

1Password today uses CloudKit (iCloud) for syncing. This is a special environment for syncing that Apple built. Version 4.4.3 would likely be using one of our original implementations of iCloud syncing and not the current optimized method. The two are not compatible with each other due to the fundamental differences. The original form is no longer in use and Cloud kit is the best and only option with today's versions of 1Password.

As a security-focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start planning for a newer model.

I'm sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer to share.

• 1Pfanatic
    1Pfanatic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. 1Password is the best, and 1Password support is the best!

• Thanks for your kind words @1Pfanatic! On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.