Safari page goes into background with every new page!

Options
twolittleblackdogs
twolittleblackdogs
Community Member

With the new update, I open Safari, and it goes into the background. Which means I have to click twice on everything, my "page back" button doesn't work. This is super aggravating and needs to be fixed asap. This started happening last night.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:safari

Comments

• @twolittleblackdogs

I'm not immediately able to reproduce this. Here's how to quit 1Password completely using our helper in the menu bar. It may shake any cobwebs out.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.

Please let us know how it goes. If you find this still occurs can you let me know the steps you are taking? Off-hand it sounds like something is stealing focus on Safari.

• twolittleblackdogs
    twolittleblackdogs
    Community Member
    Options

well, that's the other weird thing. The helper on the menu bar has disappeared. My old 1Password 7 kept trying to jump in last night, so I trashed it. The newest 1Password 7 is now running, but nothing in the menu bar. I tried quitting it last night, but it didn't matter, and kept coming back. I also tried to force-quit it, but it didn't show as an option.

• twolittleblackdogs
    twolittleblackdogs
    Community Member
    Options

I found the menu bar icon and fixed that. Tried quitting 1Password from that and going back into Safari. Still doing the same thing, and the icon has reappeared in the menu bar. As I was posting this comment, I had to sign back into the 1Password Safari extension. I clicked in the box to type my passcode, and it immediately dropped it into the background. I had to click in it again.

• @twolittleblackdogs

Odd. Can you switch over to email and send us a diagnostic report? We may also want to grab a screen recording if the report doesn't help.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: twolittleblackdogs
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127765/safari-page-goes-into-background-with-every-new-page

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• aw7808
    aw7808
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm having essentially the same problem - 1Password is stealing the focus every time I got to a new webpage, and sometimes even when I remain on the same page. This is also happening as I am using other applications - 1Password is popping up and or stealing focus. It's borderline making my computer unusable. This happened suddenly in the past few hours. I tried reinstalling 1Password, but it had no effect. Any help you can provide on this would be extremely appreciated.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022
    Options

@aw7808

I don't believe we have heard from tolittleblackgdogs at this time. Please send the same information requested above (diagnostic report) and we'll try to help.
    Be sure to include the community link and username.

link: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/631660/#Comment_631660
    username: aw7808

• aw7808
    aw7808
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks for the help. Support ID Is [#JLH-16688-567].

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

@aw7808

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will take a look and reply to your email as soon as possible. 🙂

ref: JLH-16688-567

• For anyone else seeing this behavior development has isolated it to users using 1Password 7.9.2 +/- and also 1Password for Safari. The easiest work around is to disable the option for "Integrate with 1Password app" inside the 1Password for Safari settings. Sorry for the trouble folks.

This discussion has been closed.