1Password for Safari making 1Password for Mac Launch

Options
qzzb
qzzb
Community Member

I have 1Password for Mac and 1Password for safari installed, only 1Password for safari is enabled in my browser due to the Fastmail Masked Email Integration that doesn't happen through the other plugin. Whenever I start my browser, the desktop app launches, or whenever I use the extension it also starts.

The description I the App Store says that this works without the client installed, so why does it launch it? I thought the other plugin (which is disabled) uses the installed version? Kind of annoying to have to have it running if its not using it - indeed the macOS client needs me to put my password in so its not using it. If I disable the tray icon and exit, it starts again when using safari version.

Bit confused why this is happening? anyone shed any light?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: version 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hello @qzzb! šŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password for Mac is launching when you open Safari. It sounds like you're using our new 1Password for Safari web extension, is that correct? If it is then please try the following:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on Safari in the menubar and click Preferences.
    3. Click Extensions.
    4. Make sure that "1Password" (the built-in extension that comes with 1Password 7 for Mac) is disabled and that "1Password for Safari" (the new standalone web extension) is enabled.
    5. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and click Settings.
    6. Scroll down and turn off "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let me know if that helps. šŸ˜Š

• pasmmv2005
    pasmmv2005
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. 1Password7 v 7.9.2. MacOS 12.2.1. Safari 15.3. I have tried Dave_1P's suggestions. Doesn't help. The problem occurs if Safari is open, whether it is in use or not. For example, if I am trying to write an email in my mail app, 1Password7 is always commanding the focus, meaning I need to keep placing focus in the mail window every few keystrokes in order to keep composing the mail. This problem started a day or two ago.

• @pasmmv2005

I'm sorry to hear that the steps didn't work for you. When you open the Extensions page in Safari can you try to disable "1Password for Safari" and enable the built-in extension? Does the issue still occur after this is done?

I look forward to hearing from you. šŸ™‚

• pasmmv2005
    pasmmv2005
    Community Member
    Options

"1Password" is active, "1Password for Safari" is in active. I seem to have found relief!

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

@pasmmv2005

I'm happy to hear that disabling 1Password for Safari and enabling the built-in extension helped. Our developers have isolated the issue and hope to include a permanent fix in a future update. šŸ˜Š

ref: dev/core/core#13467

This discussion has been closed.