When using safari, do I need both 1password7 and 1password for safari on my mac?

Options
KPB2
KPB2
Community Member

1password7 keeps taking over as the app running while I'm trying to use Safari

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When using safari, do I need both 1password7 and 1password for safari on my mac?

Comments

• KPB2
    KPB2
    Community Member
    Options

When using Safari with 1password for safari, 1password7 keeps taking over as primary app running. Have to click to get back to Safari, then click to select task.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
    Extension Version: 2.3.0
    OS Version: 12.0.1
    Referrer: forum-search:When using safari, do I need both 1password7 and 1password for safari on my mac?

• @KPB2

Our developers have isolated the issue and hope to include a fix in a future update. In the meantime as a temporary workaround, please disable app integration for 1Password in Safari:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on Safari in the menubar and click Preferences.
    3. Click Extensions.
    4. Make sure that "1Password" (the built-in extension that comes with 1Password 7 for Mac) is disabled and that "1Password for Safari" (the new standalone web extension) is enabled.
    5. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and click Settings.
    6. Scroll down and turn off "Integrate with 1Password app".

Since you're using 1Password 7 you won't lose any functionality since 1Password for Safari only integrates with 1Password 8 (currently in beta).

Or if you prefer you can disable 1Password for Safari and use the extension for 7.9.2

• KPB2
    KPB2
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thanks.

• @KPB2

I'm happy to hear that Tommy's instructions helped you to resolve the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.