Will The Way Watchtower Two-Factor Notifications Work In 1Pass 8.x.x Trickle To All Platforms?

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Lounge

The latest 1Password 8.x.x Early Release app (on macOS, at least) handles the dismissal of two-factor Watchtower notifications differently now, but I'm wondering if it will trickle down to other platforms, iOS, etc.? In other words, 1Password has a Watchtower notification for items that don't have a "one-time password" on it. (The Watchtower notification I'm referring to is purple.) And it used to be that dismissing the notification on an item meant the app would add a tag to the item called "2FA". (That way, 1Password would no longer show the "two-factor missing" notification on items with the "2FA" tag.) And I'm wondering if that will change on all platforms, and reflect the way dismissing the notification works in the latest Early Release. I'm asking because I want to get rid of the "2FA" tag, but then that means the Watchtower notification will show up again on non-Early Release versions. Also, I noticed that dismissing a Watchtower two-factor notification in the Early Release app means you can't undo that.

Note: Currently, the 1Password apps (except Early Release) add a tag, "2FA", when you "dismiss" the two-factor Watchtower notification, but that's not the case with the Early Release -- it simply just gets dismissed for good, without getting the "2FA" tag.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 8.6.x (Early Release) - latest
Extension Version: 2.x.x (latest)
OS Version: macOS 12.2.x

Comments

• Hey @nimvio:

Great question! We're very excited about how 1Password 8 behaves, and as we launch it on more platforms, you'll see the ability to ignore Watchtower notifications across more of our supported platforms. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.