how do I remvoe multiple duplicate logins in 1pw for Mac?

Options
robpele
robpele
Community Member

I upgraded from 1pw 6 to 7. updated 3 macs which all shared the same vault. now I have 2-3 versions of each login. How do I combine/remove duplicate versions of these many logins?

1Password Version: 7.92
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macos 12.2..1

Comments

• Hello @robpele! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing duplicate items. You mentioned that you migrated from a previous version of 1Password, did you migrate to a 1Password account from a standalone vault? If you did then do you see a Primary vault on any of your devices? Sometimes duplicates can result from having the same items in both a standalone vault and in your 1Password account. You can check for a Primary vault on your Mac by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on the Vaults option in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
    3. Click on Switch to Vault.
    4. Do you see a Primary vault listed?

If you don't see a Primary vault and you do have a 1Password account then do you see the duplicates when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• robpele
    robpele
    Community Member
    Options

I do see a Primary vault, listed under "I cloud". When I switch from "All Vaults" to my 1pw7 vault and exclude the Primary, this removes the duplicates. Great.
    However, the reason I switched to 7 but did not remove 1pw6 and the primary vault was that one of the three computers that were syncing to the Icloud primary vault (the one I am using now whose primary vault is listed under Icloud) stopped syncing- so It's primary vault was local and not identical to the two other primary vaults that continued to sync.

What I am not sure of is whether the data from both the synced 1pw6 primary vault and the un-synced one all got to the new 1pw7 vault. How can I be sure that the data from both these 1pw6 vaults is now combined in the new 1pw7 cloud vault?
    How does 1pw7 handle this situation?

• @robpele

Thank you for the reply. Since you have both multiple standalone vaults and a 1Password account I recommend that you write in to support+forum@1password.com so that our team can help you successfully migrate to the 1Password account and then remove the old standalone vaults. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread so that the team knows the context of your request.

Once you write in you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.