1Password Becomes Active Application

Options
jcal812
jcal812
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Hello - Over the past few days, even when I''ve quit 1Passoword completely, becomes the active application on my mac. This happens sometimes every 5 seconds, sometimes every few minutes. Since I've started this message, it's happened 6 times. So I'll be typing an email and all of a suddenly 1Password becomes active and pops up in the top left menu bar. I've restarted my computer multiple times, tried disabling the Safari Extension Helper but I continue to have this issue. Any help is extremely appreciated (just happened 4 more times...) as it's becoming impossible to be productive.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 70902005
OS Version: MacOS Monterey 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @jcal812:

Are you using Chrome by chance? There were some recent changes to Chrome's signing certificate that affected the way it interacts with 1Password. We've made changes in version 7.9.3 of 1Password for Mac that should have improved the state of play here. Does updating 1Password improve the situation? How to keep 1Password up to date

Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• jcal812
    jcal812
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P I have Chrome downloaded but it is not my default browser. I looked for 1Password updates and it said that I have the most recent version downloaded - 1Password 7 Version 7.9.3 (70903003) 1Password Store

I 100% would like more help digging into this problem - 1password interrupted my typing 4x just tying this short message (6x now...)

• Hey @jcal812:

Thanks for following up, and I'd be happy to investigate further. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jcal812
    jcal812
    Community Member
    Options

It didn't get a batbot support ID number. I did however email support@1password.com with my forum username in the subject.

• @jcal812

I've located your email and I see that you're already discussing the issue with one of my colleagues. I recommend continuing the conversation over email and I'm locking this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

ref: KCN-22172-363

This discussion has been closed.