autofill stopped working... iOS15.3.1 ....

three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member

Before 15.3.1, auto fill worked as:
1) load from 1PW...use URL
2) 1PW would auto fill on Web site
3) ready to go with site

NOW: step 1 OK, rest dont work What's new?

I now manual load userid/PWD to get the site open.... Before, the tap on the 1PWDbcopy of URL did an autofill of the site?

Why?
Jim B

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac os yosemite

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

Typo: Before, tap on the 1PW copy of the URL did an atuofill of the site. Not now....
    Why?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

O M G!! I found the difference!!
    In iOS 15.3.1 Apple added a Teeny Icon at lower left side of the screen. It looks like a "keyboard"
    After you get your login data up.... hit that Tiny icon and the AUTOFILL data appears!!
    WHy does this work? and WHO invented it?

Well, now 99% of my 1PW login entries work like I 'thought' autofill worked in past...

Please Close this post
    Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

Not same on iPhone… no new icon…. autofill fails w/ iOS 15.3.1 wow! what a mess

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

please keep open … still a dilemma

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

I Can't believe I am the only one here w/ iPadOS15.3.1 and do not have the NO AUTOFILL problem! what exactly is going on? Is Agile group un-sure of my post?
    three-cushion here

• Hello @three-cushion! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login on your iPhone and iPad. It sounds like the issue on the iPad has now been resolved and you're only having trouble using Password AutoFill on your iPhone at the moment, do I understand your posts correctly?

When you tap on a website's username or password field in Safari on your iPhone do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member

@Dave_IP: You missed context of my post: I could NOT get iPadPro to autofill. Always had to manuallly enter Logon/1PW pwd... Started to happened with iOS15.3,1 update AND 1PW 7.9.5

Now I can GET the Autofill to work BECAUSE of a tiny icon in the lower LEFT corner of iPad (looks like a keyboard). Hit that and Autofill works for 99% of my logins!!

iPhone (ver 11) has had no issue as long as FaceID works... Then 1PW manual was needed.....
    Also on BOTH devices... the option "NEVER" appears in my systems... others complain it is now a missing option.. OK?

With another user...also found there is a difference btw updates 7.9.5 whether you have a iPhone 12 and higher.... those do not have the "Require Password after Update"

It is a mess......Is 1PW in some sort of fight w/ Apple?

@three-cushion

• @three-cushion

I'm happy to hear that you're able to use Password AutoFill on your iPad again.

iPhone (ver 11) has had no issue as long as FaceID works... Then 1PW manual was needed.....

If Face ID expires on your iPhone then you'll need to use your 1Password account password to unlock the main 1Password app. Once you do so you'll be able to use Face ID when using Password AutoFill again. Let me know if you see different behaviour.

Also on BOTH devices... the option "NEVER" appears in my systems... others complain it is now a missing option.. OK?

I see that you've posted about this in another thread and I recommend continuing the discussion about this there so that the same conversation doesn't occur in multiple threads. 🙂

• Kirstenj1
    Kirstenj1
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Adding this for clarity. On my iPad WITH a keyboard attached, yes, clicking the keyboard icon on lower right of Safari screen will pop-up the ability to choose to auto-fill. If no keyboard attached, clicking on the Id/Pwd fields you will automatically see this on the onscreen keyboard. It used to be that just clicking in those fields even with a keyboard attached, safari would hover the id/pwd data from 1P above those fields. So, an extra step. So frustrating how long I spent messing with settings. Thank you Jim (Three Cushion) for figuring this out.

• @Kirstenj1

I'm sorry for the frustration but I'm happy to hear that you were able to figure things out.

If you haven't tried it already then the new 1Password for Safari might provide for an easier way to fill logins in Safari on your iPad: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I hope that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.