Beta 17 Bug with sync setup

thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited November 2012 in iOS
Its nice to know I can break an app within 3 minutes. :P (Literally)

I installed beta 17, clicked the I am a user option and selected Dropbox as my sync method.

**Background on this is I am working inside a Mt Lion VM with a test Dropbox account to keep my main data file uncorrupted if it ever came to that. Additionally the data file is an exact duplicate of my main file.

I purposely did not put the data file inside a 1Password folder nor did I ever open the data file from the 1P Mac app.
I also linked the 1P iOS app to the additional account and not the account which my Dropbox app is tied to on my iPhone.

Upon linking and telling it to use Dropbox, the app immediately started to display checking Dropbox. It stayed on until I forced quit the app. After the force quit and restart it displayed checking iCloud. It stayed hung at this prompt till I again force quit the app.

When I get to the hotel this evening I will uninstall and reinstall and place the data file where it should be in my Dropbox account. Then open it with 1P Mac and I would expect this time to be able to open the app. Ill report back.

Comments

• Thanks Tommy. I'll try to recreate but I wanted to point out something I know you'll want to play with: under Settings there's an Advanced section where you can enable several logs and email them. You can check in there to see if there is any errors.

Now that I said that, knowing you, you probably already found that feature! :)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2012
    I did find them lol

However I could never get back into the app. After the hang. I was totally locked out and was never gave the opportunity to see them etc. I had to uninstall and reinstall to attempt a sync again. :(

However I worked on it while traveling and I was able to successfully sync and see the logs etc.

I just synced the phone let me see if there are any crash logs. From the iPhone itself.... Nope .... but thanks for getting me to check that I do have a frequent crashing app I need to kick off my phone.

While were on the subject of the logs the color of the text needs to be altered. IMHO Its hard to see the black text on the diamond plate grey color. However now that I am in a better light. It doesnt look that bad nor is it really hard to see. So maybe run it thru your head a few times.
  • We managed to recreate this. Working on a fix now.

Thanks for the report!
  • Hey Tommy, I'm happy to report Roustem just fixed this issue! Man, that guy really is on fire :)

It will be available in the next beta. Knowing Roustem we'll have two more betas before the day is over ;)

Thanks again for this bug report. It was a critical one!
  • Hi Tommy,

Just want to follow up on the second comment you made:

While were on the subject of the logs the color of the text needs to be altered. IMHO Its hard to see the black text on the diamond plate grey color. However now that I am in a better light. It doesnt look that bad nor is it really hard to see. So maybe run it thru your head a few times.

I'm a bit confused because it's not supposed to be on the diamond plate at all, there should be a light gray-ish background with darker gray text font on top. Can you take a screenshot for us on where it is difficult to see the text, so we're sure that you're seeing the right images.

Thanks!
  • .....and beta #20 is live! It should fix the freezing issue.

Like we've been talking about, Roustem is on fire :)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Here is my screen shot
  • Eeeeewwww. I'll fix that.
This discussion has been closed.