OS X 12.3 breaks 1Password extension?

Options
slamci
slamci
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After upgrading my Intel MacBook Pro to OS X 12.3, I can no longer use the 1Password extension in any of my browsers.

In Firefox, the icon for the extension in the toolbar simply blinks on and off continuously. Clicking on it has no effect. Clicking the icon in the menubar produces a window telling me to install the extension.

In Safari, the icon in the toolbar does not blink, but clicking it has no effect. Clicking the icon in the menubar produces a window telling me to turn on the extension.

In Chrome, the icon is grayed out as if disabled. Clicking the window produces a pop-up menu whose first item reads "1Password extension (desktop app required).

The 1Password desktop app is installed, running and unlocked. I have removed and reinstalled the 1Password extension in Firefox and Chrome. I have upgraded 1Password from 7.9.2 to 7.9.3. None of these actions have resolved the issue.

Is there anything else that I should try? 1Password and its various extensions were working without problems before I upgraded the OS.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:os x 12.3

Comments

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that at least in Safari the icon in login form fields, does nothing since 12.3.

• Hey @slamci / @greggmc:

Thanks for asking, and I'd be happy to get you up and running again. If you restart the 1Password Extension Helper via Help > Troubleshooting, does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• slamci
    slamci
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack -- restarting the Extension Helper as you recommended certainly worked for me. I'm now able to use 1Password normally in all my browsers. Thanks for your help.

• GavinT
    GavinT
    Community Member
    Options

Confirming Jack.P_1P suggestion worked for me as well.

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

After a reboot, things seem to be working again.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the updates folks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.