1Password for Chrome crashing Chrome/Brave when clicking a suggested login

Options
bnw
bnw
Community Member

Click one of these, browser go boom:

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens consistently. What happens is that the browser will beach ball, also if I select 'collect errors' in the Chrome extension options, then I see the above two errors happening repeatedly like 1password is stuck in a loop.

• I've tried using the beta
  • I've tried using the 'quit 1password completely' option and rebooting machine
  • I've tried removing Ublock Origin

Nothing I've tried has resolved the issue.

EDIT: It'd be good if I could download prior versions of the Chrome extension as .crx files to test the issue and figure out in which version this bug was introduced. Is that possible? (only want to download from 1password.com not a third-party)

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• Hi @bnw:

Thanks for following up on this, and I'm sorry you're running into issues here.

To get a sense of what could be going on with 1Password in your browser, I'd like you to collect a console log from Chrome: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

After saving the file, attach it to an email addressed to support+x@1password.com, and include your username bnw and a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127831/1password-for-chrome-crashing-chrome-brave-when-clicking-a-suggested-login#latest. You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your response and take a look as to what could be going on.

Jack

• bnw
    bnw
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P I sent an email to support+x@1password.com but 10mins later I haven't received a reply from BitBot. Subject line is "1password causing Chrome crashes, forum user: bnw"

• Hey @bnw:

I located your email to us, and one of my colleagues will be in touch soon. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: CMW-65973-665

• TeamTeaTime
    TeamTeaTime
    Community Member
    Options

This also started happening to me on Chrome. I upgraded from MacOS 12.2 to 12.3 and the issue was briefly resolved but has started happening again every time now. I don't even need to click on the suggestion. Merely navigating to a page that has a login prompt with suggestions is enough to crash the entire Browser. Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

• Hey @TeamTeaTime:

Similar to what I suggested above, I'd like you to collect a console log from Chrome: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

After saving the file, attach it to an email addressed to support+x@1password.com, and include your username TeamTeaTime and a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127831/1password-for-chrome-crashing-chrome-brave-when-clicking-a-suggested-login#latest. You'll receive a support ID from BitBot. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and dig into it further. Thanks!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.