Why does 1Password no longer stay in the background on my Mac?

Options
jfornelli
jfornelli
Community Member

Running 1Password v7.9.3 and 1Password keeps jumping to the active application, even while I'm in the middle of doing something in another application. What can I do to address this annoyance?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 1Password no longer stay in the background on my Mac?

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @jfornelli! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is focusing itself unexpectedly. Are you using 1Password 7 for Mac along with the new 1Password for Safari web extension instead of the built-in extension included with the 1Password 7 app? If you are then our developers are tracking this issue and hope to include a fix in a future update. In the meantime as a temporary workaround, please disable app integration for 1Password in Safari:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on Safari in the menubar and click Preferences.
    3. Click Extensions.
    4. Make sure that "1Password" (the built-in extension that comes with 1Password 7 for Mac) is disabled and that "1Password for Safari" (the new standalone web extension) is enabled.
    5. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and click Settings.
    6. Scroll down and turn off "Integrate with 1Password app".

If you're using 1Password 7 you won't lose any functionality since 1Password for Safari only integrates with 1Password 8 (currently in beta).

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#13467

• jfornelli
    jfornelli
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up rebooting my laptop and the issue hasn't presented again. I went ahead and did as you suggested, though, just in case.

• Hey @jfornelli:

Glad to hear that did it for now. Be sure to let us know if you run into any trouble in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.