Running macOS Sierra v. 10.12.6, Safari 12.1.2. Need 1Password v 6. where can I load it from?

Options

I am using an older iMac, running macOS Sierra, v. 10.12.6, with Safari v. 12.1.2. I upgraded 1Password to version 7 but it does not work with Safari. I do not have the Safari extension, and I cannot use the "Open and Fill" from 1Password. I cannot locate the extension for Safari. I cannot upgrade either the macOS or Safari due to the age of the machine (it is a backup for when my wife uses my MacBook Pro). How can I go back to version 6 of 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Referrer: forum-search:Running macOS Sierra v. 10.12.6, Safari 12.1.2. Need 1Password v 6. where can I load it from?

Comments

• Hi @Ron4ro:

As of September 2019, the Safari Extension Gallery, which was the only method for installing extensions in Safari 12 was retired. Safari 12 only supported installing .safariextz extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery, and Safari 13 does not support installing .safariextz extensions at all. Given this, upgrading both Safari and 1Password would be the best option if you want to continue using 1Password in Safari. For specifics, see here: https://1password.community/discussion/106771/1password-6-in-safari#latest

Additionally, we would strongly recommend keeping both 1Password, and your OS up to date. Keeping your OS and browser up to date is one of the best things you do to increase your digital security posture.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.