1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser - chrome 99.0.4844.74

santacruser
santacruser
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Quite interesting issue I hit since yesterday only with chrome 99.0.4844.74, now I always get the prompt when I open chrome. However, if I switch to chrome 98.0.4758.82, all works just fine.

macOS - 12.3
1password - 6.8.9 (689001)
1Password Extension - 4.7.5.90

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser

Comments

• Hi @santacruser:

Thanks for reaching out. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

As you've emailed into us as well, I'll ensure that your email gets to our migrations team, who would be best equipped to help you upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac.

Jack

ref: MVL-12799-438

• darylroberts
    darylroberts
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Except we cannot update. There is no update other than joining your subscription model, and syncing my data through 1password.com itself. I have no interest in doing that.

I will literally pay more money to not join a subscription. It's not the money, its the principle. Every product that used to be software you could purchase is moving to a subscription model and it's extremely infuriating. 1password was (WAS) very high up on my list of recommend software. It looks like I'll be moving elsewhere as well.

It's such a shame to see the leaders in the field fall.

• Hi @darylroberts:

Thanks for your feedback. One of our founders, Dave, has gone into detail on why the future of 1Password is memberships here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/602340/#Comment_602340

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that we no longer fit your needs. Stay safe out there with choosing another password manager, and we're here for you if you'd like to give us another shot in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.