Feature Suggestion: Keyboard Shortcut for Quick Access to Jump to a New Search

Options

I have recently started using Raycast as a Spotlight replacement, and hence one of the other apps alongside 1Password Quick Access that I use often quickly from similar keyboard shortcuts. Quick Access already has the ability for us to click escape to go back. This is identical to Raycast. However, Raycast also has command-escape to instantly jump all the way back. In Quick Access' case that'd be helpful in cases where you're all the way into an item but want to jump back to start a new search. Right now this takes clicking escape twice. I'd just suggest adopting the same command-escape keyboard shortcut for jumping all the way back to start a new search. Small thing, but it is something I think 1Password Quick Access could learn from Raycast.

Comments

• Hey @alexclst:

Thanks for asking! I've added your feedback to our internal tracker. While I can't promise if or when this would be added to Quick Access, I can definitely see how it would be useful. In the meantime, as you noted, pressing the Escape key twice will reset Quick Access for a new search; the first press of the Escape key closing the current item view, with the second Escape press clearing the search.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-401

• Ben
    Options

Hey there! I realize you weren't asking specifically about integrating Raycast and 1Password in your post, but I thought since you're using both you may have some interest in this update. 🙂

Ben

This discussion has been closed.