Issues with 1password chrome browser extension - mac

vels
vels
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Im running 1password desktop Version 6.8.9 on my mac running MacOS 11.6.2.

This is the older local only, perpetual license of 1password.

Im also running the 1password browser in chrome Version 99.0.4844.74 (latest as of time of writing)

This has been working fine for years and each time chrome has updated it has continued to work. Until last night when 1password's browser extension said it couldnt verify the browser. (the desktop 1password app still works fine)

Ive seen this in the past when chrome is part way through an update the fix is to let chrome update, then close and re open chrome. But this didnt work this time.

I tried restarting the computer, but the error with the browser extension still occurred.

I tried deleting the browser extension and re-installing it, but this didnt work either, now ive got the latest version of the 1password browser extension, but this seems to want me to sign into a 1password cloud account, which i dont have.

Any idea how i can get 1password's browser extension working again in chrome like it used to for me ?

1Password Version: 6.8.9 (689000)
Extension Version: current - 2.3.0. But was using older version befor
OS Version: MacOS 11.6.2.

Comments

• Hi @vels:

Thanks for reaching out! On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

Reaching out to our migrations team directly at support+tradein@1password.com for help upgrading to 1Password 7 would be your best bet, as they'd be able to discuss any deals or promo offers you may be eligible for. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

Jack

• fineliner
    fineliner
    Community Member

Hey Jack, having the same problem. Would appreciate a discount on the update as i have been using 1password since before 2004 and have recommended it a lot.
    thanks!

• @fineliner

Please reach out to the team using the email Jack provided. They can work with you and help get you updated. They would also be the ones who can discuss promotions and discounts with you.

support+tradein@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.