Add billing zip code field to credit card items

Options
foobar
foobar
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

This has been asked here many times before (message from 2016, message from 2017!) but I figured I would give it another go. Almost every website where I need to enter credit card information has an additional field that prompts for the billing zip code, which 1P does not fill in. Note that telling people to use 1P address item functionality is just as unsatisfactory now as it was back in 2016 & 2017. We need an additional field in CC items where one can fill in the billing zip code, preferably with a way to autofill the zip code from an address item when we first set it up.

I realize that filling in zip codes on web forms is hit or miss so this wouldn't always work properly, but don't worry: the credit card autofill is already pretty hit or miss so occasionally not getting the zip code right will still be better than never getting the zip code right. :)

P.S. I think this issue is 100% cross platform, but I didn't see forum area for cross platform issues. I guess folks just create it on the platform they are currently using?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Referrer: forum-search:add zip code to credit card

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @foobar! I definitely understand why adding a billing zip code field to Credit Card items would be useful. While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I can forward your request for this feature with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration.

Writing in about this in the forum through the platform area that you're using is the best approach. As we look at your post and make an official feature request, we will add any other relevant platforms to that request.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

IDEA-I-541

This discussion has been closed.