1P browser extension only unlocks one account (and isn't synced with desktop lock status)

Options

I have three 1Password accounts (one for me, two for different clients). I'm signed into all three of them on MacOS Desktop:

1Password 7
Version 7.9.3 (70903004)
Mac App Store

1. Since this morning, something has updated, and now only the passwords from my personal vault are showing as suggestions in the 1Password browser extension in Chrome. If I go to the browser extension settings, I can see that the other two vaults are locked, even though they're unlocked in the 1Password desktop app.

2. Additionally, I also now have to type my master password / fingerprint into the browser extension to unlock passwords, even if I'm signed into the unlocked desktop app on MacOS.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: MacOS 12.2.1

Comments

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

If anyone else comes across this - removing the Chrome extension and re-installing it seems to have fixed it. Presumably linked to March 15th's update

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Scratch that - it only worked once. Now it's back to only unlocking the primary account again, not the other two I also have installed.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @codeknight, sorry about the issue you're seeing. Can you try the following to refresh the extension's connection to your 1Password app?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, unlock all your accounts.
    4. With all accounts unlocked, re-enable integration under General.

Let us know how things go!

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have worked, thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@codeknight You are welcome! Let us know if you run into the issue again, or if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.