Why did 1Password Chrome / macOS stop filling passwords?

Options

This started happening today or yesterday. Running the latest 1Password (Version 7.9.3 - 70903003) on the latest macOS (12.3), when I type the tried-and-true keyboard shortcut of cmd-\, passwords are no longer being filled in, but instead a dialog is being shown saying:

Install the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards, and addresses in
Google Chrome.

Why did this suddenly break and how do I fix it? FWIW I've rebooted but it didn't help

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.3 (70903003) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• lowellk
    lowellk
    Community Member
    Options

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lowellk it looks like you're using our older classic extension. You can try the following to see if it helps:

1. Quit the 1Password app completely:
        * Open 1Password.
        * Right-click the 1Password icon in the top menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit your browser:
        * Open your browser.
        * Click the name of your browser in the menu bar and choose Quit.
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    4. Open your browser and see if the issue is resolved.

That said, the classic extension is no longer receiving updates and will not work with 1Password 8 when it is released. For that reason, my recommendation is to remove the classic extension and install our newest extension.

As long as you use the 1Password app and have the "Integrate with 1Password App" option on in the extension settings, CMD+\ can work to fill single logins on a page. It can also be used to open the inline menu with multiple logins. With the inline menu open, you would be able to use the arrow keys to select the login you want to use. Press Enter to fill it.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• lowellk
    lowellk
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to have helped, thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lowellk You are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.