It appears that 1PW 7 is no longer supported

krgraham
krgraham
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

After updating to Monterey 12.3, 1PW 7 has stopped working. 1PW Mini does not work. Keyboard shortcuts no longer work. Open and Fill no longer works from main 1PW app.

I've tried to scan thru support community and find some other comments about old features now missing. Yet v8 is still in beta so why has v7 stopped working?

As a long-time 1PW user/supporter I'm confused by this issue. Is it now necessary to update to v8 in order to use 1PW?

1Password Version: 7.9.4.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 dead

Comments

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@krgraham: I have been using 1Password 7 through every beta and release version of macOS up to and including Monterey. every once in a while I find that one or another browser sometimes refuses to cooperate with 1Password or a manual update is required as the update ecosystem evolves. I admit I never know which button label will show (Autofill or something else) in the UI. But something useful will happen.

My view is that 1Password has been and continues to be reliable for secure data management and sharing in heterogeneous environment. When I deploy and new or upgrade install, 1Password is there to assist with system reconfiguration. When my ADD-tending clients needs a memory assist to reactive 365, 1P is there.

It is surprising that I have not seen any mention of 1P version 8 plans in the wild. Mostly I have read speculations containing fear and uncertainty regarding version 8. The paucity of communication is not a new experience. I am unable to RTFM can only hear "the truth is out there" regarding AgileBits products. I shall continue to rely on Joe Kissell for guidance.

In sum, there is no general evidence that 1Password 7 has widely failed. I suggest you work from a second account to determine if the problems you experience are account specific, or with another macOS box to check for hardware specific problems. The is anecdotal evidence that it may take a day or two before an upgraded system has finished reindexing and other housekeeping including rebuilding various caches. Since programmers often make unwarranted conclusions regarding immutable initial conditional, it may also be useful to restart from the most basic conditions -- shut down and powered down. Anecdotes regarding multiple restarts needed may actually just be an impatient user. An environment as complex as one that includes macOS software and Apple hardware is a wild and wondrous place. You have my best wishes for finding a solution. Please keep us informed.

• Hey @krgraham:

I'd be happy to dig into this with you. As @xz4gb8 noted (thanks for the assist!), 1Password 7 for Mac is still fully supported.

To confirm, is 1Password not working at all, or only the interaction between 1Password and 1Password mini / your browser? If it's just 1Password mini, try restarting the 1Password Extension Helper: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension Helper.

Let me know if that improves your state of play, or if you're still running into trouble.

Jack

• krgraham
    krgraham
    Community Member

Thanks for the timely response. After a few restarts after completely quitting 1PW and a computer restart, 1PW appears to be working again. I'm not sure what created the problem, but perhaps cached items were involved.

• Hey @krgraham:

Glad to hear it's working again. Please get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

• cwb
    cwb
    Community Member

Since the update to Monterey 12.3, it doesn't work for me on my MacBook Pro in either Safari or Chrome. I get an empty white box in the dock and the application "1password7" can't be opened.

I've rebooted twice.

I sent an email for support with no response so far.

IT works on iOS iPad and iPhone .

It hasn't worked on my backup MacBook Pro running Catalina for awhile.

• cwb
    cwb
    Community Member

I don't know why this is in the Beta topic list so I'm going to repeat my plea for help in the Mac topi

Since the update to Monterey 12.3, it doesn't work for me on my MacBook Pro in either Safari or Chrome. I get an empty white box in the dock and the application "1password7" can't be opened.

I've rebooted twice.

I sent an email for support with no response so far.

IT works on iOS iPad and iPhone .

It hasn't worked on my backup MacBook Pro running Catalina for awhile.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@cwb
    Check for articles about problems with Apple server access preventing application startup. Apparently mostly fixed now. I had occasion to reboot two macOS Monterey instances today and 1Password 7 started automatically on both.

• Hi @cwb:

Are you still running into trouble with 1Password for Mac? Let me know, and if you are, I can dig in further with you.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.