Cannot fill on portlandgeneral.com

When going to the Portland General Electric company https://portlandgeneral.com/auth/sign-in I cannot get the autofill to recognize the password field at all. Any advice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2022

Hey @mram, sorry to hear about the filling issues on the Portland General Electric company site. I took a look at the site and unfortunately, 1Password does not fill the password field for me either. It appears that there's an issue with how the password field is coded. It's something that I would like to report to our developers so that they can investigate further and look for a fix.

For now, my best recommendation is to copy/paste or drag/drop from your login item to the password field. We have a guide here on how to drag/drop from the extension to apps. It's the same steps to drag/drop to fields on sites in your browser: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/#use-drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-apps

I hope that this helps for the time being. Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#12584

• mram
    mram
    Community Member

I just want follow up rather late to say:

1. Your response was very appreciated, and timely
    2. The solution came a lot faster than expected
    3. This magically started working a few weeks after I reported it
    4. I just noticed the patch notes for the browser incorporated this change officially

I continue to be impressed by not only your customer support but the development and response cycle here. Thank you and keep up the GREAT work.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@mram The truth is... we have a great dev team, and they do awesome work. The Support side of things isn't too bad either :) All in all, I'm glad that you're having a better experience filling on your site. Please feel free to reach out anytime you need help. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.