Upgrading my OSX version

Options
dmunro100
dmunro100
Community Member

I'm about to upgrade my Mac from Mojave to macOS Monterey and I intend to do a clean install. At some point I'll be asked for my appleID and password. Do I need to have my appleID and iCloud password written down somewhere to complete this as I'm assuming there's no way of getting 1Password at this stage of the install to provide it for me? I've made these quite long and complex passwords (because 1Password works so well!) and don't relish the idea of having to manually type them in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I'm not quite sure, but I think you can skip entering an AppleID during initial set up, and enter it later. That would let you do it after 1PW is running.

• Hello @dmunro100! πŸ‘‹

@danco is correct, you can skip entering your Apple ID as part of the initial setup of macOS and you can sign-in to your iCloud account after you've already downloaded and installed 1Password for Mac from our website. Or you can log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) and copy and paste the Apple ID password from there.

Alternatively you can reveal the password in 1Password on your mobile device and type it in manually but I do understand that some passwords can be tedious to type in.

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• dmunro100
    dmunro100
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for all the informative suggestions. @Dave_1P worked a treat!

• @dmunro100

It's my pleasure. 😊

This discussion has been closed.