Biometric unlock not detected?

Options
creak
creak
Community Member

Hey everyone! :-)

I tried the new cli 2.0 with biometric unlock, but it seams that the setting for the biometric unlock is not detected from the cli. Im using Ubuntu 21.04.
The cli 2.0 is installed over the 1Password Apt:

➜ op -v

PolKit is installed and the setting is set in 1Password:

I also set the system-authentification-setting:

But when I run (doesnt matter if im using zsh or bash):

➜ op vault ls --debug   
No accounts configured for use with 1Password CLI.

You can either:
 - Sign in with biometric unlock; see https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/get-started/#sign-in for details.
 - Add an account manually with `op account add`; see `op account add --help` for details.

Do you want to add an account manually now? [Y/n]

Any Idea whats wrong and where I can look to fix this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password for Linux 8.6.0 (80600076)
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 21.04

Comments

• Hi,

Thank you for reaching out! What you are showing should indeed work.

Could you share the output of the following command?

OP_LOAD_DESKTOP_APP_SETTINGS=true op vault ls

This might give us some extra info to work with. If the error is something like Can't continue. We can't safely access, running the following command might fix it:

chmod 600 ~/.config/1Password/settings/settings.json

Let me know if that helps.

Joris

• creak
    creak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    thanks for the response! That was exactly the problem. After running the chmod everything is working as expected :-)

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Niklas,

That's great to hear!

We have seen a few more cases like this. Most of those cases were caused by an error in the SSH key management beta. Did you by any chance participate in that beta?

Joris

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joris_1P,
    In my case I had the same issue and managed to solve it just as you said and I do participate in the SSH beta.

Well technically I had to modify this other file, but I guess they are equivalent, from the looks of it:

/Users/myuser/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/settings/settings.json

Regards,

• creak
    creak
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,
    i dont think I was participating in the beta, but i am using the beta browser extension maybe that was enough to trigger the error?

Regards

• Thank you for confirming that. In that case you were probably not participating in the beta. This helps us in finding the root cause of the issue.

Joris

This discussion has been closed.