iPassword 8 - error signing in when using proxy

2»

Comments

• cbini87
    cbini87
    Community Member

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Having the exact same issue, and updating to the Beta release seems to have solved the issue!

• Glad to hear switching to the beta sorted it out for you @cbini87! :smile:

• VCarmona
    VCarmona
    Community Member

I attempted to run 1Password 8 on an unsupported version of Windows (W7 64 bits). 1Password 8 requires a 64-bit version of Windows 10.
    How embarrassing! Sorry for your time and thank you very much for your kind explanation @1P_Gem.

• Hi @VCarmona, thank you for letting us know - and for sharing that @1P_Gem was able to clear up what was going on there. 👍

• rorton
    rorton
    Community Member

him just wondered if this was generally available now in the windows version?

• Hi @rorton 👋. We've implemented a few rounds of fixes related to this.

WIth release 8.5, on Feb 7, our developers fixed this issue for the majority of folks who had been encountering it (and as is typical of our approach, the fix was present in Beta versions before this date).

https://releases.1password.com/windows/8.5/

And this is likely to work for you as well!

There is still a smaller number of customers who may encounter issues with their custom network setups (which may include a proxy). We are working one-on-one with with people when this issue comes up, so that we can understand the more specific circumstances that lead to this, and provide solutions for this in future updates.

I'd suggest giving 1Password 8 a try - and if there's anything you need help, we'll be here and happy to help. I hope this is helpful!

• rorton
    rorton
    Community Member

thank you :) I have since installed, and its working well now in Windows in v8 :)

• Hey, excellent @rorton! Great to know that things are working well for you, and this is another valuable data point for us as well about how the fixes are doing. Thank you for letting us know!

• Olsnonyme
    Olsnonyme
    Community Member

Hello,
    Testing also this with release 8.6, I'm still not able to connect using our corporate proxy that need authentification:
    INFO 2022-03-21T09:25:17.443 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [status:op-app\src\app\backend\updater.rs:204] No Production updates found for 80600076 INFO 2022-03-21T09:25:59.903 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(20)) [1P:foundation\op-windows\src\windows\network\proxy.rs:127] network proxies discovered: 1 INFO 2022-03-21T09:26:00.130 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(20)) [1P:foundation\op-windows\src\windows\network\proxy.rs:220] proxy connected successfully INFO 2022-03-21T09:26:00.130 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(13)) [1P:foundation\op-proxy\src\lib.rs:150] selected HTTP proxy to use ERROR 2022-03-21T09:26:00.183 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\signin.rs:320] error signing in from data layer: UnableToCreateClient(HttpError(/rustc/c8dfcfe046a7680554bf4eb612bad840e7631c4b\library\core\src\result.rs:1897, IoError(IoError(connect error)))) ERROR 2022-03-21T09:26:00.184 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:C:\builds\dev\core\core\op-signin\src\lib.rs:435] error signing in from data layer: other error ERROR 2022-03-21T09:26:00.184 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:C:\builds\dev\core\core\ui\op-signin-ui\src\handlers.rs:587] Error signing in: other error

It seems that the client is able to check if a higher version is available but not to connect to the account.
    As stated by others above, it was working correctly in release 7.9 giving all the configuration in the proxy settings tab.

• Hi @Olsnonyme, sorry to learn you've encountered this. You're correct that these logs seem to point to a proxy issue too.

Could you send us a brief email at support+windows@1Password.com? Over there, we can discuss the specifics of your network setup, which will allow me to loop in our development team as well to make sure we fully understand the issue that's arising in the context of your proxy configuration and what we can do to help. Be sure to include a link to this discussion so we know it's you and can take things the next step. 👍

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out for your message!

• MichaelA
    MichaelA
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

I have the same issue. 1Password 8 is not using the system's proxy settings. I am on 1Password for Mac 8.7.1. Did not have this issue with 1Password 7.

• Hello @MichaelA, please excuse the delay in response and sorry to hear of the problems you've been experiencing with your system's proxy setting and 1Password8 on Mac.

You've reached reached the Windows forums but we have had a few cases reported and I would like to direct you to email us at support+forum@1password.com so we can get some additional details to help investigate. Please do not post these details in the forums:
    1. Open 1Password and attempt to sign in to your 1Password account again. This should fail as it has.
    2. In Terminal, run export OP_UNREDACT_LOGS=1
    3. Run /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password
    4. Select the vertical ellipsis () on the sign in screen after you have attempted the sign in, to open the settings menu and generate diagnostics report.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

ref: dev/core/core#15728

• amaltson
    amaltson
    Community Member

Hello all,

I'm trying 1Password 8.8.0 also behind a corporate proxy and I'm getting a "We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again.". However, 1Password 7 works fine. This is also an M1 MacBook Pro, so not sure if the Mac and/or ARM version is different. Thanks in advance!

• Hello @amaltson,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear of the troubles you've been experiencing when trying to sign in with 1Password 8.

I've included the instructions again here and ask if you could send a diagnostics report to us at support+forum@1password.com so we can take a look. Please do not post these details in the forums:

1. Open 1Password and attempt to sign in to your 1Password account again. This should fail as it has.
    2. In Terminal, run export OP_UNREDACT_LOGS=1
    3. Run /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password
    4. Select the vertical ellipsis () on the sign in screen after you have attempted the sign in, to open the settings menu and generate diagnostics report.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#15728

• dh4
    dh4
    Community Member

Was this ever resolved? I still have this issue with my account.

• Hi @dh4,

Work had continued through 2022 with regard to sign in issues and the use of proxies with 1Password 8. I'm sorry to hear you're still seeing issues. We'd like to investigate further and ask if you could create a diagnostics report from the device causing you troubles:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• mxw
    mxw
    Community Member

As of NIGHTLY channel release 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007019) this is now fixed for me.

I use automatic proxy configuration using PAC file URL within the system settings.

In the log files, I now see "selected HTTP proxy to use" rather than "skipping proxy returned by PAC since we couldn't connect to it"

• Hi @mxw! It's great to hear that the latest Nightly release has gotten things working for you on Mac - thanks for letting us know! 😄

This discussion has been closed.