Credit Card AutoFill

Outsidethebox
Outsidethebox
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Android

Does anyone know why it doesn't allow me to autofill most credit card forms? And only gives me the ability to enter login information not CC information.

Comments

• Hey @Outsidethebox:

1Password on Android is only capable of directly filling in Login items, and can't fill other types. With that said, you can use drag and drop to fill in other item types: Drag and drop to fill in other apps

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• EnterKratos
    EnterKratos
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P,
    Is filling in card detail fields a feature that is on the Android roadmap?
    Being forced to either split-screen drag 'n' drop or copy card details to the clipboard is awkward and dangerous respectively.
    I think 1Password is a far superior product in so many ways to LastPass for example but forcing users to copy card details is just plain wrong and falls behind the competition.
    Is there visibility of this feature that the public can track/vote on?

• Hey @EnterKratos! Thanks for your reply. As someone who uses 1Password for Android a lot myself, this is definitely a feature I would be excited to see.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I will say there is a lot of internal and external interest in bringing credit card filling to upcoming versions of 1Password for Android. I have gone ahead and added your vote as well!

ref: android-87

• EnterKratos
    EnterKratos
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_timothy. It's good to hear there's internal appetite for it. I'll keep an out.

• Thanks again @EnterKratos, we appreciate you sharing your interest!

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

I'd love this too! Especially as I use my phone much more than my computer these days.

• Hey @nukmicah thanks for your interest! The great news is, 1Password 8 for Android supports Autofill for Credit Card items. You can download 1Password 8 for Android to test the early access:

@Outsidethebox, @EnterKratos I've tagged you here too if you're interested in testing the early access! Thanks again.

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

Thanks, that's awesome! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work at privacy.com.

I tried signing up after installing the beta and was able to create a new login for the site, but there was no ability to autofill my debit card on their website.

Maybe it's an issue with privacy.com's website, but as they're a special partner with 1Password I would have hoped they'd support all your features 😉

This discussion has been closed.