Upgraded to 1Password 7 and browser extension shortcut no longer works

Options
amityweb
amityweb
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My shortcut is Cmd + \

In the browser extension, it wont let me enter the backslash anymore, it did on the older version.

In 1Password software I have set it to Cmd + \, and when on the Desktop this opens the mini one from the Mac Menu.

But when in Chrome nothing happens, 1Password does not open, the logins no longer fill and auto login.

It opens if I click the icon.

Restarting 1Password or the extension does not fix it.

Comments

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

[removed]

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Update: I have discovered why it is "not working".

On the old version the shortcut would dropdown the 1Password chrome extension no matter what page you are on.

BUT I just noticed the latest 1Password chrome extension does actually work, but only when on a page with a login, and only drops down from the login form and not the extension icon like the old one.

I guess this will just take getting used to, but sometimes I would like to open 1Password to get a login even if I am not on a login page, and so I do think 1Password should still open even if there is no login. I would like the same behaviour as when I manually click the icon on this page but when I press Cmd+.... the Chrome 1Password extension opens. Its strange to press Cmd+\ and have nothing happen, and then I need to go manually click the icon.

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    Options

Another issue is its not auto logging in. It fills in the login but does not submit the login form, I cant see a Fill and Login option in the 1Password entry.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @amityweb! The autosubmit feature for 1Password was removed in 2018. This feature relied on a mechanism that allowed your software to press the 'Return' key virtually. While autosubmit was useful for signing into sites via 1Password, the same method was also used by bad actors to obtain user data maliciously. Apple implemented changes in macOS to restrict this behavior and improve overall security. We agree with these changes and now require you to take action in order to submit your login info to a form.

As for the 'Cmd+\' shortcut, you're right about how works with the new extension. With multiple logins on a site, it would indeed only open the inline menu, and you'd have to select your login from that in order to fill it. I know you mentioned that you recently upgraded to 1Password 7. Did you do so through a membership? If so, you would have access to 1Password 8 when that comes out.

1Password 8 has a feature called Quick Access that is similar to 1Password Mini. You can use a shortcut to invoke Quick Access and from there, you'll be provided a list of relevant logins. Your list of logins would appear even if you're not on a login form. Here's more about Quick Access: https://support.1password.com/quick-access/

I hope this clarifies things for you. Let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.