Show entered password on login to the android mbile app

Options
jonand
jonand
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Android

As a new user to 1Password I see many opportunities for improvement of the applications :)
One immediate thing, that I could not find in any other discussion, is a possibility to show in clear text what I have entered when I try to log in to the android mobile app. My fingerprint login works very well so far, and that is really good, but with frozen hands would I probably have to enter the password sometimes when the fingerprint not works. It is so easy to tap at wrong key at the narrow keyboard in a mobile which may cause me have to enter the password again and again. If I could show what I have entered before I click on decrypt/login would it be a lot easier.

Is this the best way to ask for feature requests or suggest improvements?

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @jonand. This is indeed a great way to ask for features and improvements. I fully understand your request to be able to view the password as you enter it, and I will share this with our development team. ref: dev/core/core#10898

Let us know if you need anything else!

• jonand
    jonand
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That is a change that should be easy to implement. There is another not so easy feature I would like to see, which is general to all the different platforms including the android app, Windows etc. I don't know which discussions topic that is most appropriate in this case. You may gladly move it if you like. The feature is that I would like different logins for the same URL grouped together in one item or entry. I used Kaspersky's password application until recently, which works this way. I for example have 13 logins to the genealogy site https://www.familytreedna.com/, all with the letters MI followed by five digits as user name and a password. As it is now I have to store these logins as 13 items whereas I would prefer one item with 13 different logins. All that logins for the same item should also have their own title so that I for example could use the name "Jonny" for the login with user name MI19531. That name "Jonny" should also be shown at the login page to help me find the login I currently would like to use as MI19531 is too anonymous to be easy to remember. I hope I have explained it in a way that is possible to understand.

I see a good password application like this one is critical to personal security and I use it very much. It is good but if it can be improved even more, like the feature I described above, would it be great!

• Hello @jonand thanks for your reply!

Separate Login items are important for features like Watchtower so that 1Password can help identify potential security issues with your Logins.

For the scenario you described with Family Tree DNA, one option would be to edit the item name to "Jonny" or "Jonny: FamilyTreeDNA" then keep your username code and password as is. With Autofill and Autofill previews on in 1Password for Android your items would appear in a scrollable list, with title and username visible, in the top bar of your keyboard or in a drop down menu as shown in my example below (I've also turned Always show Autofill suggestions below fields on for visibility):

With 1Password in your browser, you will find a similar result:

To make your Family Tree DNA items easier to find all in one place on 1Password.com and in the 1Password apps you can also add a tag to each of the Login items.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• jonand
    jonand
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply! That is just how I have solved it for now, but the solution I described would be more elegant :)
    The grouping of logins as I described is how Kaspersky's password manager works, and I may still select the login I would like to use, in the same way I select the login now when I use 1Password. One more advantage is that I would have to change the URL only, once if it is changed, if the logins were grouped as I described it, whereas I would have to change it for each item or entry with how it works for 1Password. This grouping would take some time to implement, of course, but I think you should consider to change it like that. Anyway is the naming scheme you suggested, that I already use, an acceptable workaround until further and I have a got a good overall impression of your password application so far as a new user of it.

• Hello @jonand thanks for following up with that clear use-case. I can definitely see the advantage of editing a URL, or other ancillary fields, once rather than multiple times for Logins to the same site or app. I have gone ahead and shared your suggestion with our development team.

Let us know if you have any other questions and thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.