Always have to type master password on iPad

Options
ChanelCinq
ChanelCinq
Community Member

Hello,

I used to have this problem on my iPhone but now it has been working for over a year. And I don’t have this problem at all on my PowerBook but every time I open 1Password on my iPad I have to type the master password. Even if I just did it 4 minutes before.

Please help!

Comments

• Hello @ChanelCinq! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being asked to unlock 1Password more often than you would expect. You can change your Auto-Lock settings to have 1Password stay open longer:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPad.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Security.
    4. Turn off "Lock on Exit" if you'd like 1Password to stay open when you switch away to another app.
    5. Set "Auto-Lock" to the amount of time that you'd like 1Password to stay unlocked. This can be set up to a maximum of 1 Hour.

Alternatively, and this is the option that I would recommend, you can keep your Auto-Lock settings as they are and enable biometric unlock instead so that you can unlock 1Password using either your face or fingerprint (depending on what your iPad supports) instead of having to enter your account password each time:

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• ChanelCinq
    ChanelCinq
    Community Member
    Options

This is not helpful. I tried to follow your directions. I logged in to 1Password with my master password. I then opened up settings. That is where I was stuck. There is nowhere in settings on my iPad running iOS version 15.3.1 that says security. The closest word to security was privacy but that was not it. There was no place in privacy to "Turn off 'lock on exit."

Please try again and maybe try it on an iPad that is running the most current iOS and provide those directions.

• @ChanelCinq

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the Security page. It sounds like you opened the Settings app for your iPad instead of tapping on Settings in the lower right-hand corner of the 1Password app after unlocking it.

If you are inside of the 1Password app then, to help me better understand the situation, can you post a screenshot of what you see on your screen:

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.