Suggestion of login name no longer working

Options
norysang
norysang
Community Member
edited March 2022 in iOS

I don't know with which update this stopped working but for some weeks already I no longer get suggestions regarding my e-mail or username as I used to. This is especially bad when apps open the in-app-browser for logging in to a site but also in mobile safari because the 1Password Safari extension is way slower and sometimes doesn't load at all (which is a completely different problem on its own). But while in mobile safari I can tap the puzzle-piece icon and open up 1Password, for in-app Safari I need to exit the app, open 1Password and copy my e-mail address or username. What makes it even weirder is that in the next step the password suggestion works as expected.

Let me illustrate with some screenshots what I mean. The first screenshot shows the screen I get when opening a login page inside of an app.

In the past, my keyboard (I use the standard Apple keyboard) would automatically suggest logins on top and give me the option to open up the 1Password overlay. Just as in the next step which is shown in the second screenshot. As you can see, the password-suggestion works as expected.

When I visit my settings, everything looks fine. I already tried to disable and enable 1Password but that didn't help (see screenshot number three).

Is there something I can do to bring this functionality back? I use unique usernames for every service and unique e-mail addresses for every service so I not only rely on 1Password in terms of passwords but also for the login name. So not being able to easily pull up that information on my iPhone really renders the 1Password iOS app partly useless for me.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.3.1

Comments

• Hello @norysang! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I understand that you're not seeing the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard when an iOS app opens certain websites in a browser window. I can definitely see how the current behaviour is not ideal for the particular website you're having trouble with. Password AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS so we are unable to control which fields get detected and filled when you tap on a username/password field since 1Password only provides the data for the experience. This issue is common to all password managers that use Password AutoFill on iOS.

I wish that I had a better answer for you here, as you noted Password AutoFill does detect the password field on the second page of the Amazon login page, it just doesn't detect the email address as a username field. The 1Password for Safari web extension does a great job with websites that split their login page across two different pages and I'd suggest using the Safari browser wherever possible.

At the moment the best option for the scenario that you described is to either copy/paste or drag and drop the username from the main 1Password app into the page. I'd also recommend reporting the issue to Amazon so that they can take a look.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.