1Password and the LibreWolf browser

Options
Lewys
Lewys
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I use LibreWolf as a browser, which is a fork of Firefox with some tinkering under the hood to improve things like privacy, security etc.

Because it's a fork of Firefox, I can install the 1Password extension for Firefox in LibreWolf. However, the browser extension and the full blown version of 1Password do not play nicely. It's like they're independent of each other.

I can't use biometrics for example to unlock 1Password from the browser extension in LibreWolf, the option simply isn't there. Previously when I've unlocked 1Password from the main app, then the 1Password extension has also been unlocked; that isn't working either. So I'm having to enter in my password - which isn't the end of the world but it is somewhat annoying when you have biometrics available and that functionality exists on other browsers and even forks of those browsers.

When I use Firefox - the above all works. I can use my fingerprint to unlock 1Password, directly from the browser.

Brave is essentially a fork of Chrome - the 1Password extensions are exactly the same piece of software. Yet 1Password in Brave works exactly the same as it does on Chrome. Why doesn't the Firefox 1Password extension work for LibreWolf? Brave is Chrome, as LibreWolf is to Firefox.

Are there any plans to officially support LibreWolf and allow things like unlocking with biometrics?

Thanks,
Lewys

1Password Version: 8.7.0 and 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hello @Lewys,

Since this is a duplicate of your other comment, I will close it, and we will focus our conversation on the other.

This discussion has been closed.