Installed beta of 1password 8 on mac and the classic chrome extension stopped working

Options
unitsa
unitsa
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The classic extension cannot find the 1password app any more.
The "regular" extension is working, but is not as comfortable as it requires a separate login/unlock from the app and doesn't seem to integrate with the Apple watch.
MacOS 12.3
Chrome 99.0.4844.74
1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700012, on BETA channel

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: MacOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:classic chrome extension beta 8 mac

Comments

• Hello @unitsa,

We will not continue supporting the classic 1Password extension in 1Password 8 so please use the new 1Password for the best experience. It has a much better saving and filling ability than the classic extension.

Also, the new 1Password should integrate with the app automatically and allow you to unlock using touch ID. That said, if that doesn't work on your computer, let us try these steps to see how it works, and we can go from there.

1. Give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser.

2. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.

3. Open your browser > Wait a few seconds to see if 1Password is unlocked or not. If not, please right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Settings > Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" and toggle it off and on again.

If that doesn't work, please send me 1Password logs and a new diagnostics report from your computer. I will get back with what I find.

You can follow the steps here to create a diagnostics report from your computer:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

You can try the steps here to create 1Password's logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Attach the diagnostics and the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.