Feature "untagged" in the web version, Chrome Extension, Android App

Options

Hello. I use 1password (Individual Plan) as a Chrome extension (version 2.2.3), a web version (my.1password.com) and an Android app (version 7.9.1). I'm having a number of problems using tags:
1. I failed to make a password filter without tags. Web searches suggested using '=untagged' or '=tag:' when searching, but it didn't work anywhere. The search does not return results, although there are definitely entries without tags (see screenshot). As I understand it, this feature is available only in the application on Windows. This is somehow unfair to other users.
2. When creating or editing a password, I have to enter the tag name manually each time. This leads to errors since I don't remember all the tags and how exactly they were written. I would like to choose from the list!

In this regard, a question to the 1password team: will you make convenient work with tags for all users the same?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:untagged

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @melodyn! We are indeed working on making the desktop app more consistent across the various platforms. Though there's always room for improvement, it is something we take seriously, and it's also something we've used as a kind of guiding principle for 1Password 8. As for your comments, I'll reply below:

1. Can you try using 'tag:'? Here's a link to a helpful conversation about this: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/419047/#Comment_419047

2. It should be possible to view a list of tags on the left side bar of the 1Password for Windows 7 app. It should also be possible to create an item without a tag and then drag that item into the tag via that list. Could you try that out?

Let me know how things go!

• melodyn
    melodyn
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @Joy_1P! Please note that I am writing about the Android version and the Chrome extension, I do not have a Windows PC or Laptop, so I cannot install the desktop version.

Searching for ':tag' also doesn't work on Android and on the web version of my.1password.com. Screenshot.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@melodyn Sorry for overlooking that! I'm not sure how I missed it, but let me check with our Android and web team. I'll get back to you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.