1Password 6 browser extension

Comments

• LarsNateson
    LarsNateson
    Community Member

I also noticed that the browser extensions are broken since yesterday, using 1P6 with vault in Dropbox. Is this a forced move to the membership plan? If so, this is a terrible implementation - no notice, no posting, just broken.

I have no desire to move to a subscription model - I understand that it makes sense for company revenue, at the expense of the consumer, in this pandemic moment when many of our salaries are reduced or frozen. I have no desire to add one more reoccurring charge to my monthly budget and will be exploring other options.

• Hi @LarsNateson:

Thanks for reaching out. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

At this point, updating to 1Password 7 for Mac would be the best option if you want to continue using 1Password in Chrome. Please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss the options that are available now. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.