1P no longer works as I have been used it for more than 15 years.

Zews
Zews
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

Because I was getting constant error messages like this "1 Password can't verify the identity of your web browser" I was finally added to the family account that my wife bought a long time ago. Now things progressively have gotten from bad to worse.

As soon as I upgraded to the family account, which now includes 1P version 7 (I previously had version 6) it no longer worked as before. Before I would click on the 1P icon above the menu bar in my browsers and a needed site password (sometimes multiple choices because my wife and I have access to some of each other's sites) would show on which to click. Once clicked the site would open. This is no longer the case. Now I have to click on an Autofill button after which I have to click the login button on the sites in question. I no longer get logged in automatically after choosing the appropriate button.

When I contacted 1P support about this I was told that this was due to the old extension I was using and that having two extensions would not work properly. I actually had only one extension in both Chrome and Safari.. I assume the old one.

I downloaded and installed the new extension for Chrome. The 1P site tells me that the new extension in Version 7 is automatically included with Safari.

After installing the new extension for Chrome and disabling the old one, 1P no longer works at all. When I disable the old extension in Safari, 1P no longer works at all either.

What am I supposed to do now?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
Referrer: forum-search:1P no longer works as I have been used to it for more than 20 years.

Comments

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member

I have been searching several day now and still can't find them. A Google query "1Password browser extension download" or "Download 1Password extensions", or just "1Password extensions", does not find me what I am looking for. I have tried differently worded queries. No luck.

So, ... where do I go to download the latest 1Password browser extensions?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
    Referrer: forum-search:Where do I download the latest browser extensions

• Hey @Zews:

As @MerryBit provided (thanks for the assist!), 1Password for Chrome can be downloaded from the link there.

It sounds like you might be running into other issues though, and I see you've reached out to us as well, so continuing that conversation would be best. Please keep an eye out for our response. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Jack

ref: UGC-91194-855

This discussion has been closed.