How do I know if I am still using iCloud or Dropbox or WLAN Sync?

Options
Niklas_Funk
Niklas_Funk
Community Member

I am using the version 7.9.3 on my MacOS 12.3 and I know that previously I have been using Dropbox to sync between my devices. But now it looks like my "1Password.agilekeychain" has not been used for half a year... I know that I have a subscription through Apple Store that charges my on a yearly basis. But how can I see if I sync through iCloud or Dropbox? If not, then how does it sync...? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Niklas_Funk:

Great question! If you're able to view your vaults and all your items are there as expected by signing in to your account on 1Password.com, you're using a 1Password membership, and aren't syncing using iCloud or Dropbox.

Let me know if that answers your question, or you'd like me to dig into it further with you!

Jack

• Niklas_Funk
    Niklas_Funk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot Jack. So it means that I can delete the "1Password.agilekeychain" from my Dropbox?

(I still don't really get it. How does it all sync, if not using Dropbox or iCloud...?)

• @Niklas_Funk

Thank you for the reply. If you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) and you don't see a vault named "Primary" in the 1Password app on any of your devices then you can remove the old standalone vault from Dropbox.

(I still don't really get it. How does it all sync, if not using Dropbox or iCloud...?)

1Password accounts rely on 1Password.com to make sure that your items are always updated on all of your devices. There's no need to configure any sort of third-party sync service.

I hope that helps. 😊

• Niklas_Funk
    Niklas_Funk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. I got it now 😇

• Hey @Niklas_Funk:

Great to hear! 😀 On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome. Please get in touch if there's anything you need in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.