App needs to remember position and window size

1Password for Mac 8.7.0 BETA does not remember app window position and size at quit and relaunch.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 BETA
Extension Version: 80700012
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Hi @kmdesign, thanks for contacting us about this issue. I'll be happy to look into it for you.

A quick question as we get started: are you using multiple displays when this happens?

Thanks, and we'll look forward to learning more about this 👋

• kmdesign
    kmdesign
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Just my MacBook Pro. It’s not a huge issue, understand we’re still at beta… just seems like it should be that way, as the max OS finder and other apps do remember.

• Thanks for this, @kmdesign. I'll do some follow-up on my end and will hope to have more for you soon.

• Hi again, @kmdesign, and thanks for your understanding. We've got some steps to follow up on this; feel free to send us a brief message at support+mac@1Password.com with a link to this discussion if you'd like us to dig in.

If this is not a major issue for you, no problem - but we're prepared to dig deeper if you'd like. Thanks again! 😃

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

I did a search and noticed a few reports of this. I'm also having the problem and was just wondering if this- is still an issue, expected behavior, or thought fixed and a regression?

I'm on macOS on 13.0.1 (22A400) running 1Password for Mac 8.9.9 (80909006) on two different machines.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

Still seems to be an issue, is this expected?

MacOS 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a) running 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007001)

• @hansenc

This shouldn't still be happening any longer. I'm on the same setup as you (for both macOS and 1Password versions) and if I fully quit 1Password by right-clicking it in the menu bar, it'll launch again at the same place I left it.

If you're happy to try it, you can fully quit 1Password, then open the Finder, click the Go menu > Go to Folder..., and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password and press Enter. You'll see a file named primaryWindowState – drag that out of the folder (to the Desktop or somewhere similar), then open 1Password again and it'll regenerate that file.

If that doesn't work, send us an email at support+mac@1password.com with a link to your comment here and we'll take a look at it with you.

• hansenc
    hansenc
    Community Member

So quitting and relaunching the window position does stay the same. Removing that file the position resets and the file is regenerated.

My guess is the window size is being reset on 1Password update? I will have to pay more attention the next time I'm prompted for an update restart.

• @hansenc

Looking at the Get Info of that file on my Mac, the Date Created is May 2022 (when 1Password 8 was originally installed), and the Date Modified is updated the moment I close the main window of 1Password – that's all I would expect to see for this particular file. Manually regenerating that file should help in this case, but let me know if you run into any further trouble with it.

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Hi!
    I have the same issue: App needs to (stably) remember position and window size.
    Currently, I have 1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012002 beta), macOS is 13.5 Ventura.

The problem shows up each time after installing a new Beta (or when the beta cycle is stopped for the next production version). Sometimes, it seems that the position/size information is lost after rebooting the system.

• @bwadm

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't remembering the position of the main window. In order to help us investigate the issue, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23230

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Hi Dave,

here is the support ID:
    [#ZNI-85854-934]

Bests, BW

• @bwadm

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review your diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: ZNI-85854-934

This discussion has been closed.