Macos Autofill

Options
c9450928
c9450928
Community Member

The MacOS support for password manager apps was talked about enthusiastically on your blog in Jun 2020...
https://blog.1password.com/autofill-on-big-sur/

The BigSur build of MacOS was released in November 2020.
I am using the very latest version of 1Password (early access version 8).
However, it appears this feature is still not supported.

I see other password manager applications such as StrongBox support it.

When is it coming to 1Password?

Many thanks,
Owen

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Chrome Beta version
OS Version: 12.2

Comments

• Hey @c9450928:

Thanks for asking! The short version is we hit a roadblock that had we continued past it, would have resulted in a confusing and contradictory user experience. We're hopeful that the technology will continue to evolve such that we can take another look at this without those limitations.

Jack

• androcles
    androcles
    Community Member
    Options

is there a manual for the 8 beta? I'm finding it very unintuitive

• PeterG_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @androcles, I'm sorry to learn of this. If you have any specific questions, feel free to let us know (and you can get customized support by emailing support@1Password.com as well). We're happy to help!

Our documentation is continually updated, and our support pages now reflect the state of 1Password 8. That means you can find reliable information on the app here: https://support.1password.com/

At that page, you'll have the option to search for topics of interest to you, or to select from a list of common questions a little further down the page. 👍

And as always, we're happy to be a resource as well if you can't find an answer on something or some aspect of the app isn't clear. I hope this gets things off to a helpful start!

• androcles
    androcles
    Community Member
    Options

Hopeless. I went to the link you proposed and it shows how to upgrade to v7!
    This we are told us a complete rewrite and you want us to do your beta testing, but you don’t tell us what is new. Well I’ve tried two tasks: one was to auto fill my details into a form, lack of which is one reason I rejected the free Bitwarden.
    Then I went to fill in the username and password to login into a website. Nothing was offered so I went to the menu bar icon, signed in yet again, and searched for the website manually. It presented me with a dialog box showing the username and password, so that I could manually click on each item in turn and paste them in.
    So far, both actions are significantly worse than before. I’ve come to rely in 1Password with over 1200 Logins. So please explain how this is an improvement for us, not you.

• Hi @androcles,

sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

I went to the link you proposed and it shows how to upgrade to v7!

You're correct. This is because, while 1Password 8 for Windows and 1Password for Linux have been released (and our documentation has been updated to match), 1Password for Mac is still in Beta. That's why the resources there don't yet reflect 1Password 8 for Mac - because 1Password 7 is still the newest Stable release version. My apologies for the oversight.

If you want to know what's new in each version (or all versions) of 1Password 8 for Mac, you can find the details here:

https://releases.1password.com/mac/

including specifics and technical minutiae of each and every release.

And again, our team would be very happy to provide customized support for the issues you've described here - as I mentioned, support@1Password.com is the place to to connect for that.

I should mention as well that using the Beta is completely optional - and to some extent bugs and incomplete features are to be expected, because we're still working on it. If you don't want to encounter the Beta's remaining rough edges, I'd suggest 1Password 7 will be the way to go.

This discussion has been closed.