I need to retrieve my previous password. I saved a new one in error not realizing it's not valid

Options
Leonora
Leonora
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

Website told me my pw was going to expire and I needed to change it. I did and used the PW generator and saved in to 1Password before verifying it would be acceptable for the website. It was not. I need to log back into the website with the old PW I had so that I can properly update my PW, but I don't have it because I already saved the new PW generated by the 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to retrieve my previous password. I saved a new one in error not realizing it's not valid

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Leonora You can view previously used passwords in the 1Password 7 for Windows app or online at 1password.com. Search for the item concerned and below the username, password, etc you'll see a button labelled "Show previously used passwords".

• Hey @Leonora:

Were you able to locate your previous password using the steps @rootzero provided? View and restore previous versions of items

Let me know, and if you're still having trouble I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• ktedmonds
    ktedmonds
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm struggling to retrieve a previous password on a pension account. When I click on the down arrow next to the password, I only get REVEAL or SHOW IN LARGE TYPE. And when I try to log into 1password.com, I land on https://my.undefined/signin?l=en and get Server not found, whether I try Firefox or Safari. Can anyone help?

• ktedmonds
    ktedmonds
    Community Member
    Options

It's OK - although I couldn't get PREVIOUS HISTORY on my Mac, it worked when I checked on my phone.

• Appreciate the update, @ktedmonds, glad you got the data you were looking for! To confirm, was this the same item that had password history on your phone but not on your Mac? Are you noticing anything else unexpected on either platform, like items/updates showing on one but not the other?

I'd also like to confirm that 1Password.com is working, do you get better results trying to sign in here: https://start.1password.com/signin?l=en

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• ktedmonds
    ktedmonds
    Community Member
    Options

HI Andrew,
    It did seem odd that password history wasn't available (still isn't) on my Mac but I was relieved when it occurred to me to try the iphone and found it there. I'm such a low-level user of tech generally, I can't say I'd noticed anything else unexpected but now I have contact with you, if you don't mind, I'll come and say Hi if I do have any queries.
    When I clicked on the link you shared, I got another Server not found error and this message: Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at my.undefined.

If you entered the right address, you can:

Try again later
    Check your network connection
    Check that Firefox has permission to access the web (you might be connected but behind a firewall)

At the moment 1Password appears to be working fine though.
    Kate

• Hi @ktedmonds,

Appreciate the additional info. I don't want to sound any alarms unnecessarily, especially if things are working well for you, but I am a bit concerned about that password history not showing across your devices. I'll offer some suggestions in case you want to investigate further.

I recommend making a test item in 1Password 8 on your Mac and then editing its password. First check if the item shows the option to view password history on your Mac, then see if that same item, and its password history, appears in the mobile app.

If any data doesn't make it to both devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can link the two conversations. We can use the diagnostic reports to take a look at what's happening under the hood and once we're connected via email, we can also take a look at that odd URL behaviour.

Let me know what you find! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.