1Password 7's import dialog vault popup has nothing in it when importing from 1password 6

Options
granthulbert
granthulbert
Community Member

Trying to import 1password 6 vault into 1password 7, but the "Import Into" popup is empty

Relevant thoughts on how 'dirty' my Mac is:
1. A year ago I tried to upgrade to 1password 7 desktop Mac (no subscription)
2. At the time, 1password 7 imported my old 1password 6 vault, and stored its v7 vault somewhere
3. Soon after, I uninstalled 1password 7, and reverted to 1password 6 (probably because my company's laptop protection prevented me from installing the new browser extensions without an admin password)
4. So I reverted to 1password 6, and have been using it for a year now, adding lots of new passwords to its vault
5. Now when I install 1password 7, it seems to find its 1-year-old vault, because I don't see any of my new passwords that I've added during the last year
6. I have gone back and forth several times today, installing 6 and 7, trying to get my new vault to show up in 7
7. Hopefully you can see the attached screenshot. I can't get 7 to choose from the popup, so I can't import from 6

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.6.4
Referrer: forum-search:import 1password 6 into 1password 7

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @granthulbert! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble upgrading to 1Password 7. That specific import tool is meant to help you import your 1Password 6 data into a 1Password account, do you already have a 1Password account and have you added the account to the 1Password 7 for Mac app?

If you don't have a 1Password account then are you syncing your 1Password 6 standalone vault using iCloud or Dropbox?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• granthulbert
    granthulbert
    Community Member
    Options

Does signing up for a 1Password account require a subscription? I don't sync the vault; it's just on one computer, and if I need it on another computer (like when I buy a new one), I just copy the vault file over to the new computer. I don't ever want my vault file to leave my house, so I don't allow it on Dropbox or iCloud.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

@granthulbert

Thank you for the reply. A 1Password account does indeed require a subscription, it sounds like you have a license for 1Password 7 and you're using a standalone vault. Since your history with 1Password on your Mac is a bit complicated, I'd like to take a closer look so that I can better help you get everything working. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• granthulbert
    granthulbert
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I was waiting for some kind of response from that email. Do I need to repost it here as well?

[#KDI-32382-815]

• @granthulbert

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will reach out to you soon. Thank you for your patience. 🙂

ref: KDI-32382-815

This discussion has been closed.