Thoroughly confused about upgrading to version 8

clouts69
clouts69
Community Member

Apparently I need to upgrade to the new membership as I currently sync to Dropbox with my current family membership. I clicked on the link in the desktop app and followed the steps. However, I see a new individual account in trial mode. I was expecting it to convert everything as is to the new membership (family with all data) or was that wrong of me to expect that. When I used the scan code to set up my phone, it stated the account already exists. Obviously, I dd/am doing something wrong. Before I go past a point of no return I hope someone can spell out what it going on and what I need to do. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:upgrading to version 8

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2022

Hello @clouts69! πŸ‘‹

If you already have a 1Password Families membership then you don't need to create a new membership, your current membership will include the upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac when it's available. The only action that you need to take at this time is to migrate any old standalone "Primary" vaults to your 1Password membership.

It sounds like you might have started two different memberships and I recommend emailing our team at support@1password.com so that we can help get everything consolidated and working properly. 😊

• clouts69
    clouts69
    Community Member

Thank you. Was not sure why I received the link in my app to upgrade. The fact that I sync via Dropbox is not an issue? I will add that to my support request.

• @clouts69

If you still have an older standalone vault synced using Dropbox then that would indeed be something that our team can help you migrate to your 1Password membership so that you're ready for 1Password 8. I definitely recommend mentioning that in your support request so that the team is aware and can help appropriately. 😊

This discussion has been closed.